Pages

Monday, August 13, 2007

Peru 2007: Part 5



We didn't have much success this trip, but I've never been more excited about alpine climbing. Plans are already in the works for another Peru trip next year and an Alaska trip this spring. Here's me and Chad killing the last few hours in the Lima airport.



Chad, Stewart, and myself in the taxi right off the plane.



Ah, Cristal la cervesa mas cervesa! Is there a better way to kill time in a leaky tent during a rain storm?



Elias' burro in basecamp. Our route tackled the buttress between the right side of the mountain and the summit. Had we continued up we would have gone up the right hand skyline.



I can't wait to have another crack at Taulliraju. Although I'd like to do a more difficult route next year. This is Chad's picture of sunset on the Huandoys.

No comments: