Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Other Creek Crag (with splitters)

The worst part of Memorial Day Weekend is that everyone has it off. I've been spoiled by empty week-day crags, I couldn't handle visiting a crowded area on one of the busiest days of the year. I rolled the dice and headed to Trout Creek, figuring that the heat and grades would keep the crowds at bay. We saw half-a-dozen people and never waited for a climb, temps were managable, perfect...



The main wall at Trout Creek, OR.



David joining the Goldrush.



Awesome twin cracks. Called the Chinese Revolution. Technical stemming with a decent stance just when you absolutely need it.



David fighting the "Monster."



David on the very dificult opening sequence of the "Monster."

Beware. The climbs start at solid 5.10. Also, if you make tape gloves as poorly as me, you'll be resting your hands for a week following (like me). Can barely put my hands in my pockets but already excited for the next trip.

No comments: